The flax seeds come from an herbaceous plant of the Lináceas family, and it is a product that has been cultivated annually in the Mediterranean countries for more than 5,000 years. Linseed was grown as a textile plant and also for the use of its seeds.
Nowadays there are many species of this plant and it is cultivated all over the world. Flax seeds have the role of maintaining a very good health. Besides, they improve health and well-being and reduce the risk of contracting or suffering from diseases.
In the composition of flaxseeds, there are many fibers and are very rich in essential fatty acids such as linoleic, omega 6, linolenic and omega 3. In order for a body to function very well, it will need all these fatty acids.
The benefits of flaxseed are as follows:
- Flax seeds help in the absorption of soluble vitamins.
- Their role is to improve the condition of people’s skin, helping to prevent eczema, acne, etc.
- Another of the properties of flax seeds is that they benefit the heart and the vascular system, preventing thrombus formation.
- Besides these very important benefits, with these seeds, you can prevent inflammatory problems, such as arthritis.
- Due to the fibers in their composition, you will favor intestinal transit.
- They are also recommended for people who want to get rid of unwanted pounds.
- Helping to control cholesterol is one of the properties of flaxseed.
- Breast, colon and prostate cancer can be avoided with these seeds because they have lignans in their composition.
- Blood pressure and diabetes can be controlled with flaxseed.
- Stimulating intestinal flora is one of the many benefits we get by incorporating these seeds into our diet.
- They are also rich in antioxidant properties.
- Its lignan content reduces the risk of estrogen-lowering diseases in women.